I’m so delighted and honoured to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by @ItsNicoleCarman. She is a strong-willed, talented blogger and a mental health advocate. Her blog Navigating Darkness is all about opening up and talking about mental health issues. Do visit her blog and show her some love. Thanks a lot, Nicole <3
I think of the blogging community as a large global beehive or an ant colony. Everyone is working in their own capacity with a collective goal to grow. Unlike other walks of life, it’s based on collaboration rather than competition.
My blogger journey is still young but I’ve already interacted with some amazing people. I’ve found the encouragement, support and love to keep doing what I’m doing that regrettably, I didn’t get even from my closest peers. I hope to keep talking with, networking and befriending fellow bloggers from all over the world.
So what exactly is the Sunshine Blogger Award? It is just another -more official- way how we bloggers acknowledge the efforts of each other. One of the bloggers nominates other bloggers for this award as a recognition for the awesome work they are doing. It’s as @ItsNicoleCarman puts it “a virtual pat on the back.”
To accept the award and to keep the appreciation chain going you have to create a blog post about it and follow the following rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or on your blog.
- List the rules in your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions that are provided to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Provide your nominees with 11 questions (different from the ones you answered).
MY RESPONSES TO NICOLE’S QUESTIONS
1. Briefly describe the moment when you decided to start a blog. What made you want to start? Did something or someone inspire you?
I had a case of work burnout. I was feeling that my creativity was going down the drain and I wasn’t having fun. I started my blog to remind myself that this is where my strengths lie and it wasn’t my lack of creativity rather the circumstances that were causing my creative blocks. More about it in my blog post here.
2. What is one thing that you want everyone to know about you?
I’m not planning to kill you. It’s just my face.
3. Tell us one way that you are a good blogger. Stating that you are not a good blogger is not an acceptable answer because every one of us has good qualities. Maybe you raise awareness for something. Maybe you’re good at coming up with ideas for posts. Maybe you love working with other bloggers and supporting them.
I live in a culture where conformity is worshipped and change isn’t understood. Through my blog, I want to legitimize the “different”. Help people understand themselves and others more and expand their “hamster balls”. One more thing, I promised myself I won’t produce content just for the sake of putting something out there. If I write something it has to have something solid – something tangible. It hurts my consistency but I like it that way.
4. What is one of your biggest goals that you wish to achieve with your blog?
A lot of epiphanies.
5. What is your favourite TV show?
GILMORE GIRLS!!! It’s a huge part of who I am.
6. What is one country that you would like to visit, and why?
That’s a difficult one. The list goes on and on. But if I have to chose one it would be Norway. I’m just fascinated by the Nordic dreamland. Oh and NORTHERN LIGHTS. Ever since I was a kid and learnt about them in my geography book I have wanted to go.
7. What are the three material possessions that you couldn’t live without?
I’m not big on the material possessions and am trying to embrace minimalism.
8. If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?
I would want an anti-pollution superpower. Refers to all forms of pollution – land, light, noise etc.
9. What is your drink of choice? It can be non-alcoholic or alcoholic or feel free to list one of each.
There is this red herbal drink extremely popular in the subcontinent. It is called Jam-e Shereen. It is a huge hit, especially in the summers. I practically drink it like water.
10. What are the three personality traits that you like about yourself?
Well, this is embarrassing. It’s hard talking about your own self. I guess I’m a good listener. I’ve taught myself to not be judgmental and appreciate differences. I try my best to help people in any way I can.
11. What are your hobbies or some things that you like to do in your spare time?
I binge-watch like nobody’s business. It takes up a huge amount of my spare time and I often use it as an escape.
MY NOMINATIONS FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
And the nominees are…
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- Do you travel a lot? If so which countries have you visited?
- Which country’s culture are you fascinated by and why?
- List 3 things that you have learnt or could learn from other cultures.
- What are some of the steps you take to ensure your happiness and peace of mind?
- A book/show/movie that totally changed you or your perspective on life?
- Do you binge-watch? If so name some of the shows you have binge-watched recently.
- What measures do you take to remain consistent in your blogging?
- What are your thoughts on multiculturism in the blogging community?
- Did you belong to a clique during your academic years?
- What is your go-to music genre?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how nostalgic do you get about the “old times”. What do you miss the most?
There you go. Good job you guys! Spread the love.